Monday, March 15, 2010

The decompression treatments were working!

I have a 35-year history of lower back pain that has given me a lot of problems over the years, but nothing like what happened in Spring 2008 which resulted in my inability perform the daily tasks of life and being off work for a period of 2 months. An MRI revealed that I had 4 or 5 different ruptures including a few bulges and herniations. During this time, I was driving to my mailbox and was unable to walk without pain. The way I got around was to move from one chair to the next.
I received treatment at Northwest Spine and Sports, which amounted to a steroid shot in my spine. If I felt any relief, it was for a very short period of time. The pain quickly returned as well as my inability to live my life. I went to see the doctor every 2 or 3 weeks. I could see the doctor’s lips beginning to form the word “surgery” – an option that was not acceptable to me. I was scared.
A coworker referred to the Spinal Relief Center and I began treatment that very first day. For the first 2 or so weeks, my pain increased and my mobility decreased. I had this sinking feeling that I was hurting myself, not helping. But after the first few weeks (may have been close to 3 weeks), all of a sudden, I started feeling better. The pain decreased significantly and with each week I grew stronger and more pain free. The decompression treatments were working!
I am still pain free, though get sore when I get too frisky in the garden. It is a process of relearning how to live my life and how to go slowly. I am so grateful for the care of me and I am forever indebted.
-Carol B.
58 yrs. old, Seattle